Happy New Year!
So here it is 1.1.14.
I feel ready, fresh and raring to go. Ready to embrace all that 2014 has to offer.
I am excited, full of wonder of what this year will bring.
This year there is so much I wish to achieve, wish to feel and wish to grow…. I want to give more time to things I love to do, spend time with people I love, visit places, use the allotment more. Bake, cook, develop recipes. Learn how to take better photographs, take a few courses, move the blog in new directions…
So for 2014 my word is…. NOURISH
to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth.
to cherish, foster, keep alive, etc.: He had long nourished the dream of living abroad.
to strengthen, build up, or promote: to nourish the arts in one’s community.
* I want to get back to basics. Fuel myself with good whole foods, straight from my allotment. Get fit and strong. Feed my children with food that will help them grow.
* Simplify living, de-clutter, and decorate the home. Furnish it simply with beautiful homely items that will last . Buy once and buy well.
* Spend time with friends far and near – nourish relationships, mine and the boys.
* Move this blog into new directions – learn to say No to somethings and yes to others.
* Develop my freelance, writing, drawing and blogging… take it on new routes and collaborations.
* Slow down, nourish my soul. Step away from the computer, live a whole life. Be in the moment.
* Live lightly and smile often
* Play more
* Have plans to look forward to – holidays, adventures… so much to do!
This is the year of me… to really feel I’ve taken time to look after myself, my family and nourish us and embrace the new.
I have already some wonderful new series of posts in the pipeline – maybe a few new link ups, if you’d like to join in with me? Think food, nostalgia, homes, and of course plants! Exciting times ahead.
I am also thinking of opening up advertising again on the blog. But only if you feel I should. Would it annoy you seeing ad’s there, or would you be interested in having your small business up there? Let me know…
So Happy New Year lovely friends – here’s to wishing you a wonderful New Year!
What is your word? I’d love to know.