April – came in quickly and quietly. Kind of crept up on me. I feel I’ve been sleeping a little this Spring. Spending far too much time sitting at my desk and not out there seeing the change of season in all it’s glory. Before I know it the blossom will have finished and the trees will be in full leaf… and I’d have missed this special time of year. I need to get out more!
We are currently half way through the first week of the Easter school holidays… it all goes by really quickly! But here are some things on our Easter break list…
* Gather wild garlic, make pesto & focaccia. Eat nettle soup. Make tender dandelion leaf omelette… mmmm
* Stay in a hobbit house – oh yes, so looking forward to this!
* Sowing seeds. We still need to sow some pumpkins, squashes, cucumbers & sweet peas!
* Eating a feast on Easter Sunday – an egg hunt, and plenty of chocolate!
* Hanging with good friends… spending quality time. No rushing, just being.
Recipe for Dandelion Greens and Pepper Omelet
1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
2 handfuls dandelion greens, chopped
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon chives
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
Handful of cheese (cheddar, parmesan or goat cheese)
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and sauté olive oil, onion and garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and let the mixture cook for several minutes.
- Add the peppers and dandelion greens to one side of egg mixture as it cooks.
- Add the paprika, cayenne pepper, chives, sea salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and add the cheese.
- Turn one side of omelet over to cover the half with the ingredients and transfer to plate!
(recipe taken from Kinfolk)
Lou Archell, a writer, photographer, stylist and founder of Littlegreenshed. A UK lifestyle & travel blog
Lou is also a busy mum of two amazing boys and the founder of Sisterhood Camp – an annual creative retreat for recharging and empowering brilliant ladies, Lou is passionate about supporting and inspiring others whether through her workshops, writing, photography or lifestyle hacks.