Rufus has his sports day on Friday – why? Just madness in this heat. He is one of those boys who will go at every event hell for leather, never mind it’s roasting hot. He will be an over heated, sweaty mess by the end of it.
So, to cool the boys and tempers down, I thought I would make a batch of Strawberry Ice pops using the strawberries we picked from our weekend adventure to the pyo farm. To make these isn’t rocket science, and I am sure you’ve all made them before.. but I quite fancied sharing the recipe on here. So here goes…
Recipe for Strawberry Ice pops
- Strawberries (I used a large handful / or a small punnet size)
- 3 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbs Elderflower Cordial
- Chop the strawberries in half or smaller (it doesn’t matter as you will puree them later)
- Add the sugar, lemon zest and sugar on top of the strawberries and allow to macerate for an hour, covered with a tea towel
- Place strawberries in a pan and bring to the heat, you want the mixture to slowly bubble
- Add the water and elderflower cordial and allow the strawberries to break down slowly – should take about 15 mins.
- Take off the heat and puree using a blender or hand whizzer
- Chill in the fridge
- Once cold. Pour into your ice lolly moulds (I bought mine on Amazon) add the sticks and freeze for 24hrs.
Lou Archell, a writer, photographer, stylist and founder of Littlegreenshed. A UK lifestyle & travel blog
Lou is also a busy mum of two amazing boys and the founder of Sisterhood Camp – an annual creative retreat for recharging and empowering brilliant ladies, Lou is passionate about supporting and inspiring others whether through her workshops, writing, photography or lifestyle hacks.