When I was younger I travelled the world with just my passport, a sarong and a pair of leather sandals – exaggeration, I had a huge back pack – but you know what I mean. Life was care free, limitless and unplanned.
Nowadays with two kids in tow, packing can be a some what overwhelming experience. So I thought it would be a good idea to give some top tips of hand luggage essentials for our upcoming trip to France.
- Wallet, with credit / debit cards, money, AA road breakdown. Insurance details
- Phone & charger / adapter
- Map or list of accommodation
- A large wrap or scarf like this – perfect as a blanket, pillow or cover up
- A guide book or novel
- Bottle of water
- Snacks for you and the kids
- Colouring pens
- Colouring book, we like these
- Top trumps cards
- A small first aid kit, with plasters, antiseptic cream and Calpol
- A change of under wear (for all) in case of delays
- A small wash bag with toothbrushes & paste
- A small tube of hand cream like this and lip balm
Those are my top tips for your hand luggage – to keep the kids entertained & fed. And to keep yourself sane!
What would you put into your bag? Tips please?