Well here is a last minute make, that can be whipped up in no time at all.
Instagram Framed – Perfect for Grandparents.
I used a small double sided glass frame and printed photos, this gift is quick and easy to make. You can pick up similar glass frames from most homewares shops nowadays, mine is from B&Q. The printed images are via Inkifi, but lots of online places do this as well as high street photo labs.
You will need:
- A glass double sided frame
- Printed photos or postcards
- Velvet ribbon
- Pretty paper (I used off cuts of wallpaper)
- gold star stickers
How I did it:
- Remove the metal chain from the frame by cutting through the chain with some scissors. You can keep the chain if you wish, but I prefer the ribbon.
- Tie a length of double sided velvet ribbon to give the frame a luxe Christmassy look.
- Cut a piece of decorative paper to fit the frame (I used wallpaper, but you can use wrapping paper or fabric if you have it), I added a couple of gold stars for extra shine.
- Place your photo/postcard/childs drawing on top – you might want to glue it in place if it slips.
I have also, in the past, framed the boys school photos like this, and given a new lease of life to their artwork. Maps, certificates, memorabilia can also be framed. The possibilities are endless.
Why not try wrapping these frames and give them as gifts or why not hang them on your Christmas tree as decorations. How fun would it be for friends and family to see themselves there!
More Christmas inspiration can be found here:
Lou Archell, a writer, photographer, stylist and founder of Littlegreenshed. A UK lifestyle & travel blog
Lou is also a busy mum of two amazing boys and the founder of Sisterhood Camp – an annual creative retreat for recharging and empowering brilliant ladies, Lou is passionate about supporting and inspiring others whether through her workshops, writing, photography or lifestyle hacks.