There is nothing nicer than sitting in the garden with a cool drink during the summer months. But instead of reaching for the typical crisp rose or a french beer, a good non-alcoholic cocktail is your best bet.
Hydrating, easy to make and kid friendly too. So here is my recipe for Ginger & Thyme fizz…
Ginger & Thyme Fizz
- thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- juice of a lemon + a couple of slices for garnish
- runny honey
- ice cubes
- sparkling water
- Muddle together the ginger, thyme, lemon juice and honey in a pestle and mortar or use a small bowl and the end of a rolling pin to smash up the ginger.
- Fill your glass with the ice.
- Pour over the muddle syrup, top with sparkling water, stir to mix
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of thyme.
This recipe can of course be made with a variety of fresh ingredients. Why not try fresh strawberries instead of Ginger, or add edible flowers to the mix. The possibilities are endless.
Do you have a favourite tipple for your summer garden lounging? Let me know in the comments below.