I need some new clothes. I have spent many many hours on-line searching and searching for items that fit my criteria:
* well made (i.e. not going to fall apart after a few washes)
* timeless (I want to buy now and wear it still in 5 years time)
* not too young (I’m middle aged don’t you know! and no using the word mutton)
* yet good for my low budget
Too much to ask?
I have come to realise that most high street shops are either designed for the young, or the old – being rather too dowdy or drab.
It’s my own fault – I’ve been skimming through the images of Closet Visit and I feel my wardrobe needs a dose of CPR after looking at these stunning women and their quirky, uber cool style. I know the majority of what they have is vintage, but you need to have bags of time to scour the net or vintage shops for that perfect item. Time I just don’t have.
I need a personal shopper. A style guru to take my under their wing.
I HATE MY CLOTHES!
My wish list of items:
- A good breton top (loose fit, good quality fabric, traditional French in style)
- A tunic dress with pockets (navy)
- Denim shirt
- Leopard print pumps
- Swedish Hasbeen ankle boots (I know, too much money, but I want a pair thanks to Jane Foster and her painted stairs!)
- Several beaded necklaces
- Blazer / Jacket
Is that too much to ask for?
Where do you shop? If you own a vintage shop – please help me!