I am over the moon to introduce you to my latest Sponsor for October – the delightful shop Victoria & Abigail. Owned by best friends, Vicky & Abi, the shop is filled to the brim with quirky/cool items. They certainly have great taste as the products they have personally curated are beautiful. Here’s a little bit more about them…
Please can you introduce yourself and tell us a little about what you do?
What is your inspiration behind opening the shop?
We opened our shop for a number of reasons. Vicky and I had been talking about working together for ages – we just didn’t know what we were going to do! After chatting about it over many happy meals, cups of tea and glasses of wine, we came to realise that we were both tired of going into shops and seeing the same, generic, mass-produced gifts and homewares. We wanted to create a shop that we’d LOVE to shop in. To top it off, we are both passionate about supporting small independent makers; so it was the combination of these three threads that led to the creation of our shop.
- Photography – We do all the photography for the shop ourselves (you can probably see which products we photographed first, because we have improved vastly since we started!). What we enjoy most is doing styled shoots for our home page, dreaming up new and interesting ways to showcase our products.
- Illustration – Anything from Blanka Biernat, who did a sweet, whimsical drawing of Vicky and I for our shop. We also love her family portraits – everything she does is so cute.
- Graphic design – When it comes to graphic design, we always think simpler is better; which is what we tried to keep in mind when creating our online shop and blog.
- Books – Recently, I’ve only been buying cookbooks. I think I’ve bought 8 in the last couple of months…I have a problem. Vicky is preparing for an Italian adventure later this month and is reading Street Fight in Naples
- Blog – I’m obsessed with interiors blogs and read them religiously! Some of my favourites are Style by Emily Henderson, Little Green Notebook and Swoonworthy
- Magazine – I mostly stick to online magazine nowadays, one of my favourites is Covet Garden.
- Shop – I am an Anthropologie addict. We love Holly’s House in Fulham, she has some beautiful pieces and of course we love exploring etsy and discovering new shops.
- Drink – tea, all day long, and red wine when it’s time to unwind, we both love a glass of Shiraz.
- Eat – Vicky is seriously into soups already this autumn and keeps printing out recipes for us to try.
- Play – We love entertaining, so if we’re not out and about with friends, you’ll find us hosting BBQs and games nights – depending on the season. We also enjoy a good antiques fair, getting up at before the sun, cup of tea in hand and ready to search for some vintage pieces to upcycle.
Please describe your own interiors style at home.
My house is also our office, so at this point my interior style is boxes in every room. Vicky is a little more organised at home; she likes a simple minimalist look with no clutter – quite the opposite of me, really. My style is a bit more eclectic, I love colourful rugs, cushions and mixing vintage pieces with newer items.
What do you think is going to be ‘hot’ for this season?
Well, usually autumn is all about mustards and deep reds, but I think this year the summer pastels are going to stick around into the colder months.
What is a typical working day for you?
Every day is different and that is why we love what we do. Mostly, we start by checking our social media and catching up on emails and from there it’s either product photos and descriptions or DIYs for our blog. If we have an event coming up we’ll do mock set-ups in my dining room to make sure our displays are perfect.
If you were stranded in the wilds what item would you want with you to survive?
Our smartphones, can’t survive without them!
Where would you like to be in ten years?
Vicky would have liked to escape to the country by that time and I think we would both love to have a brick and mortar shop. Spending another 10 years discovering and working with great makers would be a dream come true, so more of what we’re doing.
Such a lovely interview, and so nice to find out more about you both and the shop. Vicky and Abi are kindly offering all Littlegreenshed readers a lovely 15% off all products for October! Using the code: LITTLEGREENSHED15. Get your Christmas shopping done early!! (sorry I said the C word).
Not only that… but Vicky and Abi are generously giving away a £30 voucher to one lucky Littlegreenshed reader. All you have to do is complete the little widget below. Good luck!