|Image via Pinterest|
- Join the lantern parade. Our local community and schools are coming together on Saturday for lantern parade through the streets.
- Visit Father Christmas! Possibly the best thing about Christmas is seeing the wonder in your childs face when talking to Santa. It’s the best! We are going to see FC at National Trust Tyntesfield this year.
- Give to people in need. The homeless and the vulnerable – be a caring citizen and give to someone who needs it this year.
- Visit the Theatre. Lots of beautiful children’s christmas productions are touring the country at this time of year. Some good ones locally are: 101 Dalmations at the Tobacco Factory, Swallows and Amazons at the Bristol Old Vic and Rumpelstiltskin and the Egg, Theatre Royal, Bath.
- Donate toys and clothes to the charity shops.
- Go for a skate – Ice-skating is such a wonderful family event at Christmas. We are heading to the rink by @Bristol in Bristol centre.
- Chop down your Christmas tree. As a family we LOVE doing this, and head to a farm just outside Bristol.
- Go carolling. Not door to door, as that is annoying. But join in with a choir on the street. It’s so uplifting.
- Christmas shopping at a local craft market. Every town has one nowadays. Support your local artist. Bristol is such a creative city and two good ones are Made in Bristol at the Colston Hall and Christmas at the Orangery
- See the Christmas lights switch on.
- Be aware of your neighbours who may be alone this Christmas. A card and some mince pies will make someone’s day.
- Gather in greenery, red berries, ivy – make a beautiful centre piece or great swags over a mirror like this.
- Take time to have a night out with your friends, indulge in spicy cocktails and really laugh loud!
Take a peek at my Christmas pin board for some Christmassy inspriation (if you are not bored of Christmas already!).