This coming summer it will be Sisterhood’s 3rd birthday. Sisterhood started out as a dream to bring like-minded women together, to create, support and nourish each other…. my personal dream of connection has now grown.
In these past three years, Sisterhood has held four retreats and one supper, with countless creative workshops, mindful talks and experiences and a bringing together of over 200 women. Sisterhood has grown beyond that seedling of a dream in late 2014… into a beautiful tree.
Without sounding too ‘out there’ I would love this Sisterhood ‘tree’ to grow with many branches allowing all the sisters involved and participating to individually bloom and grow.
2018 is the year of making this happen. I have so many ideas I’m bouncing around, and I need to action these, this year.
- Online courses for women in small businesses and freelancers – not just within the online world but reaching out to all women who need support in their professional career.
- Workshops and lunches to connect women in the physical world. Nothing beats a long leisurely conversation over delicious food.
- Self-love and self-care will be prominent in all of the messages across 2018. With workshops on meditation, yoga, self massage, nutrition, Chinese medicine, aromatherapy and more.
- Of course, we will explore a retreat once again. With a new location, in the UK and hopefully within Europe too.
- Providing an online space for women to connect, share their career highlights, their work and offer help and support in a nurturing space.
Starting off 2018 – I am delighted to announce our first event:
WINTER FLORAL & FOOD EVENT WITH HOUZZ.CO.UK – JANUARY 2018 | LONDON, UK
Join us in celebrating winter and the opening of the HOUZZ 2018. The Houzz team will be opening a pop up house in central London to celebrate the best in interior trends for 2018.
We are delighted to be taking over the house on Tuesday 30th January. Starting at 9.30am, you will be greeted upstairs in the cafe area of the Houzz of 2018, and be treated to Nespresso coffee and pastries.
Starting with a floral workshop by the very talented Erin Trezise-Wallace. Erin will be sharing with us the Japanese art of Ikebana. Erin will guide you through the process of creating a beautiful floral display using dried and foraged finds, that you can replicate at home.
During a short break, you are free to visit the several floors of the pop-up Houzz of 2018 – featuring designs from top interior designers and artists.
At midday – join us back in the cafe for a sumptuous lunch cooked by Sisterhood chef and food writer, Claire Thomson. Claire will be creating a mouthwatering three course menu using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She will also be chatting about her latest book – The Art of the Larder. A wonderful chance to meet with the author of one of the top cookbooks of 2017 – as voted by The Telegraph, Financial Times, Sunday Times, Daily Mail and BBC Radio 4’s Food Programme.
You will leave our HOUZZ takeover with a beautiful floral creation, full of delicious food and new found Sisterhood connections.
Tickets to be announced the first week of January – for more information and to be notified when tickets go on sale please sign up to our waiting list below:
2018 is looking so exciting! I and the Sisterhood team can’t wait to reveal all of our plans. In the meantime if you have a skill, events space or an idea you’d like to share – then please do get in touch: