Do you know anyone who is doing it all? I mean really? A great career, relationship, beautiful home, financially secure. Mentally healthy, physically fit? I don’t. So why do we all wish for more? I’m always trying to find ways of ‘upping my game’ – buying ecourses that promise me everything, and never once popping in to do the work.
I hope to be thin, fit, have great hair. Land that client. Visit this place or eat there – to get that Instagram shot – which will hopefully get me more likes and followers.
Solve all my problems.
Shit isn’t it?
I have a never ending list of things going around in my head. As a grown woman, who provides for her family….. yet I still have issues – big and small. Here is mine:
Lou’s long list of lengthening concerns
- how to be inclusive in all that I do, including BIPOC
- Climate change and the warmest winter in record
- plastics in the home, and how to reduce
- reading with my kids
- encouraging my boys to do sport / hobbies
- Charlie and school
- Shall I finally give Sisterhood the elbow? Is there room for it in my life?
- the increasing mould in my bathroom
- why have my cats got fleas – again?
- Brexit – how will this effect us as a family, and as a country?
- Brexit – will it effect my job?
- Having zero savings if there is a bad Brexit
- No back up plan for life
- Will we ever be able to move / renovate?
- Have I taken my pills today?
- Have I eaten enough vegetables?
- What is for tea?
- Why is my hair getting thinner?
- Remembering to update Quickbooks
- Shall I get an accountant
- My 4 week old gels are looking ridiculous, has anyone noticed?
- Instagram is increasingly becoming toxic, shall I leave it?
- Am I addicted to my phone?
- Am I addicted to Pokemon go?
- My parents health is always on my mind, I should stop nagging, but I’m worried
- Is Dan bored of being my assistant, does he want to do something more exciting
- I haven’t been out dancing in years
- I’ve lost connections with friends, do they even care?
- I work too much
- Internet safety – are my kids at risk?
- Will I ever loose that belly fat?
- Is HRT just delaying the inevitable – and should I stop?
- Is Marie Kondo brainwashing everyone?
- Can I move to Copenhagen soon
- What happens when I can’t work any more
- I don’t have a pension – should I start one
- Am I spiritual?
- What even does that mean?
- Will I ever love weight training? I hate it so
- How do you get rid of facial hair, and unwanted chin hairs?
- Homelessness in Bristol
- My kids growing up in the City
- having money to pay the bills next month
- my hair needs a cut – shall I get a blunt fringe again
- Have I drunk enough water today?
- Have the kids eaten their 5 a day
- Can someone clean the bathroom
- Need to write a newsletter
- 3 blog posts for next week
- Can I afford a studio
- My garden could do with a tidy up and weeding
What would your list look like…..?